Saturday, March 17, 2012

Build through the Draft






I have thought about this many times over and over and have to come to the conclusion that if you take a look at the better teams in football very rarely do they go out and sign big time free agents. The Steelers are one good example of that theory. I'm not saying don't sign free agents but you need way more pieces in place than the Browns have right now and I think that is some of the reason that players don't want to come here because lets face it teams like the Buffalo Bills and the Green Bay packers, whats the draw their...what do they got that we don't. The answer is nothing other than a winning team, well at least in Green Bay. Buffalo gets more snow usually than we do and they played some decent football at least at the beginning of the season last year. They are another team that has struggled at the quarterback position they just cant seem to find a guy that fits. Last year Fitzpatrick tore it up they gave him a contract extension and they may have made the wrong move there because I was never impressed with him. I keep hearing people complain on the radio that the Browns have done nothing in free agency. You cant just go out and blow a ton of money on one guy. I wanted them to go after at least on FA wide receiver and I wanted them to sign Mario Williams in the worst way but when I found out how much cash they paid that guy there is no way in hell I would drop that kind of money on a guy unless I thought he might be my last piece to the puzzle. These contracts are getting a little crazy especially the first few days. Eric Wright got paid a ton of cash and he couldn't cover a parked car his last year here. Is there that much of a shortage at that position. Tampa Bay spent allot of money this year I will almost bet if they don't win within the next two to three years half of those guys will become salary cap casualties. They are trying to put people in the seats. If my memory serves me correct I think over half of their games were blacked out last year and here in Cleveland we almost always sell out. Yes there have been more and more orange seats in the stadium especially as the year progressed because the product on the field was just awful. I'm a Die hard Browns fan and I will stick with them through thick and thin but its all comes down to this people....are you ready? If you don't have good talent evaluators and scouts then the product on the field isn't going to be that good either. Yes you are going to miss from time to time but we cant miss this year because I have said it before and I will say it again the fans patience are running thin. I'm willing to give this regime two more years which would be the 5 year plan that Mike Holmgren talked about. We cant keep running people out of here. That being said if Shurmur has another year like he did I wouldn't be on bit surprised if he gets the ax.

Well Browns fans til next time.....Go Browns
Follow me on twitter @AmherstDawg

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Patience is key. Older fans complain that they have been patient for X number of years...and while I'm sure that's true, it's also irrelevant to this regime. The past failures due not dictate future success.
    They are building and I like what I see. Stronger late round draft picks is an area for improvement, but I was pleased with Haden,Ward,Taylor and Sheard. Little even shows signs of being an impact player in tge future. The focus has been defense the last two years and that focus has led to a top ten D. Obviously, the focus must be offense now!
    Ill be watching 16 more games this year, with patience and an expectation of improvement.

    PS...Consider a different background, that was kinda hard to read.

    Kyle Harbin
    @TheBizarroKyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments your not the only one who said its hard to read guess I need to fix that, thanks again and Go Browns

    ReplyDelete