Sunday, June 3, 2012

Player Dress Code



photo courtesy of  city-data.com


For the life of me every time a athlete wears another teams hat or jersey that plays on a Cleveland team its always becomes a big deal. Remember Lebron with the Yankees hat, I for one could not stand that especially him being from Akron. Now all the talk is about TJ Ward I guess he wore a whitesox hat. These guys know darn well that it causes a big stir with the fans so why do they continue to do it? In Lebrons case I think he was just a attention hound and he did it to make sure we were talking about him just like his big decision on ESPN, we all remember that right? Well now that TJ Ward has be spotted wearing a whitesox hat all the fans are up in arms and making a big deal out of it on the social media networks.

I have two thoughts on this trend amongst athletes these days. One is that you have to remember that most of these guys aren't from hear or the from the city that they play for and two why why why why do they do it? Just be a good guy and support your local teams just to maintain the peace amongst the fans. You play for the team name on your jersey you should support the city that supports you. If your going to wear other teams apparel don't do it in public, keep it private. Do it for us the fans, don't give us a reason not to like you because being a West sider from Cleveland we take those things to heart and it would mean the world just to support the other local professional sports teams, do it for us. We work hard in our community and pay the ticket prices that helps pay your salary.

I will give credit to most of the athletes that are out and about in Cleveland they represent our City in honorable fashion, players like Josh Cribbs, Joe Haden, Kyrie Irving, Travis Hafner. These guys have to remember that there are allot of youngsters that look up to them and need to set a good example for me growing up I had my Dad and Grandfathers to look up to and I consider myself blessed but allot of our youth these days come from broken homes and look at these athletes as some to look up to and I'm glad that we have some of the best in Cleveland and do allot of charity work in our community. I think all three of the professional sports franchises don't get enough credit for what they do to give back to the city.

Well Browns Fans til next time...GO BROWNS
Follow me on twitter @AmherstDawg
and follow @GetRealFootball

No comments:

Post a Comment