Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trent Richardson and Draft overview





Yesterday on 92.3 the Fan the Bull and Fox show had our #3 pick Trent Richardson on for a interview. Just let me say I was sipping the kool Aid until that interview and then I drank the whole thing. If this guy truly is as he claims Cleveland is going to love him and welcome him with open arms. As the interview was taking place I had visions in my head of him busting tackles jukeing people and that stiff arm that I would not want to get hit with. I said to my self when he knocked over the Browns running backs coach that in my mind that was a omen. Call me a dreamer, a true homer but it is what it is I just thought he was going to be a Brown and my wish came true. The way he spoke just made me a believer that he is happy to come here and play for the Browns. The way he handled the criticism of Jim Brown was spot on. He has to prove him self and I think we are all in for a great ride with this kid...so lets enjoy it as fans and support him. I didn't grow up in the Jim Brown era but what he said leads me to believe that there is some jealousy from him.




I must admit that as I  watched the draft the excitement began to swell in me again. Then when they took Weeden with 22nd pick I had a little of the wow factor feeling but as I began to analyze it, I just assumed that the player they wanted at that spot was gone and as it turns out Kendal Wright was that player according to the Browns brass. Lets not fool ourselves here when you take a quarterback that high he is going to start this year and with his age there is no time to groom him. His grooming will be in the amount of minutes he plays. I would not be one bit surprised if McCoy and Wallace are both gone and they go and get a aging vet like a Mcnabb or after the cuts pick someone up.

I would like to see them go out a sign Plaxico Buress. I have heard the name Braylon thrown out there and I don't want to go down that road again its kind of like that old girlfriend story, you just don't want to go back to an old watering hole if you know what I mean.

Also today we heard about the Phil Taylor`s injury lets just hope that its a slight tear or nothing at all, we cant afford to be losing starters of this caliber so early in the season.

Well that's all I have for today Browns Fans, short and sweet, lets stay positive and Go Browns

Please Follow me on twitter @AmherstDawg




No comments:

Post a Comment