Sunday, May 20, 2012

Excitement starting to build




I cant begin to tell you how many years in a row that I have gone to training camps, spent money on Browns gear and took time off work to go to Berea during the weekday to avoid the large crowds that flock to see our Browns in training camp and the excitement is there and  then just get let down by the players, front office, coach after coach quarterback after quarterback. Well I don't know if if the glass half theory or this year just feels different I cant explain it. Its a feeling like I have never had... (not a gut feeling like Butch Davis). It just feels  like this organization is starting to turn the corner. I cant even say that I see improvement because I really didn't except on defense this past year. Even Pat Shurmur has a different way of acting, he seems to have a little swag to him. In the last few months Mike Holmgren has been heard on the airways along with Tom Heckert and Pat Shurmur, its almost like they have listened to the fans and they get it. Maybe with the full training camp and the ota`s and also bolstering the coaching staff with Brad Childress, things are looking up. Just the addition of Chili has to be a large load off of the head coach, and I don't care what anyone says I still think that Chili will be calling all the plays eventually. I thinks the Browns had a pretty solid draft they went into it with a plan plan stuck to it and the players we drafted are players that can contribute right away in my opinion. I think Weeden is going to really impress you fans and as for Trent Richardson, don`t be surprised if he is a candidate for rookie of the year. I`m hearing some negative things already about Andrew Luck saying that his delivery is to slow in the NFL, but I`m not expert that`s the hearsay. And as for RG3 I think he will probably succeed the most his first year over Luck because he has more weapons around him than Luck does at this point, but I think Luck will come around once they add some pieces over the next few years. As for the Browns I would still like them to go after Buress as a deep threat or a big physical presence in the end zone to catch touchdowns. Either way I think that the Browns will draft a wide receiver or two next year to accommodate the current receiving core if they don't produce this year. Im not as down on the fans as far as the schedule goes I think the Browns will win 7 to 8 games this year. The schedule is tough but teams like Philly, Cincy can be beat in my opinion.

Well Browns fans til next time.....Go Browns Fear the Elf Baby

Please follow me on twitter@AmhertDawg or if you are a backer follow me @AmherstBackers

No comments:

Post a Comment