Friday, May 25, 2012

Al Lerner meet T Rich


Photo obtained from Google


                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                     Photo obtained from Cleveland Browns

I have compiled some thoughts on the owner of the Cleveland Browns over the last year or two and thought I would share some of them with you. I hear so much about about how Randy Lerner isn't visible in the Browns organization and how he doesn't care about the Browns. Well I for one don't buy that. He inherited the team from his late great father Al Lerner whom was a football fan, Randy`s love happens to be soccer, therefor he continuously gets knocked for putting his soccer team first. Some people want him to sell the Browns, but it could be worse. We could get stuck with a Jerry Jones type of owner and I for one do not want that. What has he done since taking over the Cowboys....not much!  However if it were my Dads wishes to take the team to the Superbowl  as was Al`s, I think I would do everything in my power to see my Dads wishes come true. That's why he decided to hire Mike Holmgren and let his run the daily operations of the football side and Randy writes the checks. Randy tried several times and it just didn't work out so he did the next best thing went and got the best football guys he could. Tom Heckert in my eyes is a great GM and talent evaluator and I think this year is going to prove how good he really is. As much as I hate the past 12 years of losing you cant lay all that blame on Heckert and Holmgren. If Hughes the 3rd pick works out Heckert will look like a genius especially with the injury to Phil Taylor which they are speculating that he could be back by mid-season, I'm not buying it. The draft pick of Trent Richardson is going to take so much pressure off the quarterback this year whether its McCoy or Weeden and I'm saying its going to be Weeden. As I said in my previous article I don't think you take a quarterback in the first round to sit and a 28 year old soon to be 29 year old rookie quarterback. The Browns drafted a heck of a player for the right side of the line and they let go of the "Human turnstile" Tony Pashos. Trent Richardson could easily be the rookie of the year and I would be shocked if he didn't rush for 1300 yards this year. The man is a complete player. With the ball in his hands he becomes a man on a mission. When the season is over you wont even remember Peyton Hillis. Take it to the Bank! Al Lerner will be smiling from the heavens above.

Well Browns Fans til next time......Go Browns
Follow me on twitter @AmherstDawg

No comments:

Post a Comment